Senior Server Engineer - Allen
Boss Fight Entertainment is seeking a Senior Sever Engineer to power our growth in the mobile game industry. Our Server Engineers tackle challenging scalability challenges with Node.js based systems with Amazon Web Services. You will play a key role in designing and building the back-end systems that thrive under a large and active player base.
Boss Fight Entertainment is an independent game development studio based in Allen, Texas. Founded in 2013, Boss Fight’s veteran team has produced some of the industry’s best-selling and most critically acclaimed games for mobile, social, PC, and consoles. These titles include the Age of Empires Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Halo Wars franchises, as well as the free-to-play mega-hits CastleVille and FrontierVille. Most recently, Boss Fight’s team developed the hit mobile game Dungeon Boss. Boss Fight’s continuing mission is to bring simple, beautiful and fun game experiences to our players wherever they want to play.
Candidates near our Allen or Austin, Texas offices are preferred, but this is a full-time remote position.
- Architect, build, and scale high performance AWS systems
- Write high quality, testable Node.js code
- Support multiple game development teams
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to provide data, tools, and expertise
- Identify and resolve complex issues in a live game environment
- 5+ years of experience developing API services in AWS
- Experience supporting large user bases with high uptime requirements
- Expertise in scaling services with ECS and EC2
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- In depth knowledge of Unix operating systems
- Excellent communication skills
Desired but not Required
- Game development experience with Unity 3D
- Experience with infrastructure tools such as Terraform and Docker
- Analytics and data engineering expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field