Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the management, design, and implementation of game systems. You will provide technical mentorship and guidance for our engineers.
- Engineer practical, robust solutions to complicated mobile game development problems and implement them in a fast-paced, fun environment.
- Proactively identify technical risks and provide solutions to ensure success of new features and systems
- Collaborate across disciplines to shepherd features from initial concept to completion.
- Support the product post-launch, while developing additional features to be added in a live user environment.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Utilize a variety of programming languages, platforms, frameworks and APIs.
- Manage and improve graphic/rendering performance and load times
- Implement various client-side features, such as shaders, font and localization systems, audio support, and network communication/File Transfer layer
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
Skills and abilities:
- Strong, proven programming skills
- Ability to analyze performance and optimize code
- Great can-do attitude and you lead by example
- Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers
Education and Experience
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment
- Experience shipping multiple successful game products into the marketplace
- iOS or Android mobile development experience
- Real-Time strategy and Unity 3D game development experience
- Experience supporting a live service
The salary range for this position is based on our industry, the role, and region of our headquarters located in Allen, Texas. Other factors considered when determining salary include, your local market, industry or years of experience, and education.
We are proud to offer a robust benefit package with all full-time positions. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, healthcare and dependent flexible spending accounts, employer paid life and AD&D insurance with buy up options, employer paid short and long-term disability coverage, and Roth, and Traditional 401K plans. Additionally, we offer unlimited PTO, and various free wellness tools, including a healthcare coordination service.
Boss Fight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other (protected) characteristics.