Boss Fight Entertainment is a cutting-edge game development studio, with offices in Dallas and Austin.We are seeking a talented UI Artist to join our Austin Studio!!
The UI Artist will set a high bar for design, usability and visual aesthetic in User Interface for all projects. In each area you work on, you will be responsible for developing highly usable game experience and information design. Developing and implementing layouts will also be key to this role. You will also create purely visual elements, skinning existing layouts and icon creation.
- Work with our user experience group to create UI layouts and assets that define the UX flow for our player
- Create graphic designs for menus, UIs and screens
- Ensure quality control in UI assets created for our games, documenting UX flow guidelines and best practices
- Maintain communication with peers in all departments
Required Skills and abilities:
- Strong illustration skills with an ability to work in multiple styles
- Proficient in Adobe Suite
- Strong understanding of UI/UX flow and functional design
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, quickly evolving team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
Education and Experience
- 3+ years experience (games or casino) doing UI Art
- Experience creating wire frames
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with UX
- Proficiency in AfterEffects or toolsets that reinforce pre-vis
- Solid background in traditional arts, sketching and/or illustration
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only digital artwork submissions such as website, blog or online album will be accepted
The salary range for this position is based on our industry, the role, and region of our headquarters located in Allen, Texas. Other factors considered when determining salary include, your local market, industry or years of experience, and education.
We are proud to offer a robust benefit package with all full-time positions. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, healthcare and dependent flexible spending accounts, employer paid life and AD&D insurance with buy up options, employer paid short and long-term disability coverage, and Roth, and Traditional 401K plans. Additionally, we offer unlimited PTO, and various free wellness tools, including a healthcare coordination service.
Boss Fight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other (protected) characteristics.