Boss Fight Entertainment is seeking a talented Technical Artist to join our Austin studio!!!
The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project. Strong passion for developing games is a must!!!
- Work with Art groups and programmers to effectively produce technically correct art content and bring it into the engine.
- Support artists and engineers in the use of the art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Maintain communication with peers in all departments
Required Skills and abilities:
- High degree of proficiency with 3D graphics, modeling, particle systems, physics systems, shaders, etc.
- Solid knowledge of rendering engines
- Self-motivated, excellent communications skills, and an excellent team-player attitude
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience developing video games in a Technical Artist role
Preferred/Required Education and Experience
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent type role
- Mobile games development experience
- Scripting experience in Lua, Python, and/or other programming languages
- Experience creating and using real-time shaders
- Unity experience
Submissions / Portfolio requests:
- Cover letter
- Portfolio of relevant work required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online albums
- Willingness to complete art test if required