Sr. QA Tester
Senior Quality Assurance Game Tester
As a Senior QA Game Tester, you will partner with Analysts to create test cases against functional specs
and verify correct functionality. Perform functional and regression testing of content, deliver platforms,
and record defects. Additionally, this role is expected to create and maintain test cases and other
- Provide test execution for our internal development team
- Regress issues and or allocate issues for regression
- Advocate for the user: you care about users having a great experience
- Perform exploratory, ad hoc, and focused testing on our mobile platforms
- Track game defects and errors within our pipeline to ensure they are resolved
- Verify bug fixes and ensure that our database is up to date
- Help create and maintain test cases and other shared QA documents
- Provide qualitative feedback to development team regarding player experience and usability
- Maintain a strong understanding of our game design and features
- Mentor, support, and motivate other testers
- Lead by example, creating a strong sense of purpose and community, and promoting a culture of excellence
- Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and organization skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent problem solving, communication and organization
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong desire to iterate and improve on inefficient processes
- Able to manage multiple, competing tasks and be self-directed in a quickly evolving environment
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of game testing experience, preferably in mobile (iOS/Android) platforms
- Understanding of popular game development toolsets
- Experience with AAA game development
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and Jira
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time. You will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
No travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. When in office, the ability to move about within the office space is required, with or without aid, for necessity, meetings, and emergency situations. When working remote or in the office, the employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers, and arms for typing on computer, use of mobile devices, reaching, and grasping. Employee is required to have specific vision abilities, close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.