Senior Gameplay Engineer - Allen
The Senior Gameplay Engineer is responsible for the management, design, and implementation of game systems. You will provide technical mentorship and guidance for our engineers.
*Relocation assistance available
- Engineer practical, robust solutions to complicated mobile game development problems and implement them in a fast-paced, fun environment.
- Proactively identify technical risks and provide solutions to ensure success of new features and systems
- Collaborate across disciplines to shepherd features from initial concept to completion.
- Support the product post-launch, while developing additional features to be added in a live user environment.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Utilize a variety of programming languages, platforms, frameworks and APIs.
- Manage and improve graphic/rendering performance and load times
- Implement various client-side features, such as shaders, font and localization systems, audio support, and network communication/File Transfer layer
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong, proven programming skills
- Ability to analyze performance and optimize code
- Great can-do attitude and you lead by example
- Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers
Experience and Education
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment
- Experience shipping multiple successful game products into the marketplace
- iOS or Android mobile development experience
- Real-Time strategy and Unity 3D game development experience
- Experience supporting a live service