Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
The Senior Data Analyst is part of the Business Intelligence organization and is responsible for exploratory analysis, scalable reporting, and real-time machine learning driven processes. They provide strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to drive growth and operational excellence for our games. Additionally, they provide mentorship and guidance for other analysts.
- Build, develop, and maintain data reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support business decisions
- Routinely write efficient, legible, and well-commented SQL queries
- Clearly scope, track, execute, and communicate on projects in an Agile environment
- Communicate with stakeholders across the organization providing insights and actionable results in support of decisions
- Partner with Lead to drive best practices for assigned projects
- Mentor and guide other analysts
- Partner with team to update, and manage shared library of assets and process documents
- Leverage live ops tools, analytics, A/B testing, and other tools to optimize player experience and drive business objectives
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our games and the market
- Continue building your skills, learning new software, and stay current on industry trends
- Lead by example, creating a strong sense of purpose and community, and promoting a culture of excellence
- Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced SQL skills (joins, subqueries, data transformations, CTE’s, window functions, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to perform research analytics at industry, genre, and game level to inform product
- Strong data visualization skills using Tableau or similar software
- Experience working with Agile tools, methodologies, and processes
- Strong business & creative acumen in games environment
- Able to connect detailed player behavior and financial outcomes
- Capable of managing multiple competing tasks and be self-directed to meet deadlines in a quickly evolving environment
- Excellent attention to detail and strong desire to iterate and improve on processes
- Strong analytical skills with experience using data to inform decisions
- Highly organized with the ability to quickly identify and prioritize opportunities for optimal ROI
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team centric focus with an excellent ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
Education and Experience
- 3 or more years’ experience in a related role
- Thorough understanding of big data principles, techniques, and best practices
- Extensive experience with player/user behavior analysis (churn, engagement, user experience, etc.)
- Strong experience in quantitative analysis, including the ability to model game parameters using Excel, SQL, and business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Experience with AWS Redshift strongly preferred
- Understanding and experience with a wide range of business models and monetization mechanics, including, but not limited to, free-to-play and subscriptions business models
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm (CST), which means you should be available for meetings etc. during these hours. You will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
Occasional travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. When in office, the ability to move about within the office space is required, with or without aid, for necessity, meetings, and emergency situations. When working remote or in the office, the employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers, and arms for typing on computer, use of mobile devices, reaching, and grasping. Employee is required to have specific vision abilities, close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.