Principal Software Engineer
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for the management, design, and implementation of game systems. You will provide cultural leadership for our organization and technical mentorship and for our engineers.
- Architect and/or engineer practical, robust solutions to complicated mobile game development problems and implement them in a fast-paced, fun environment.
- Proactively identify technical risks and provide solutions to ensure success of new features and systems.
- Collaborate across disciplines to shepherd features from initial concept to completion.
- Support the product post-launch, while developing additional features to be added in a live user environment.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Utilize a variety of programming languages, platforms, frameworks and APIs to support the full spectrum of development needs
- Manage and improve graphic/rendering performance and load times
- Implement various client-side features, such as shaders, font and localization systems, audio support, and network communication/File Transfer layer
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate across engineering disciplines and development verticals to improve efficiency and quality
Skills and abilities:
- Strong, proven C# programming skills.
- Ability to analyze performance and optimize code.
- Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership and professionalism in a creative and dynamic environment.
Education and Experience
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Experience shipping multiple successful game products into the marketplace.
- iOS or Android mobile development experience within the Unity 3D environment.
- Experience supporting a live operations service.
The salary range for this position is based on our industry, the role, and region of our headquarters located in Allen, Texas. Other factors considered when determining salary include, your local market, industry or years of experience, and education.
We are proud to offer a robust benefit package with all full-time positions. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, healthcare and dependent flexible spending accounts, employer paid life and AD&D insurance with buy up options, employer paid short and long-term disability coverage, and Roth, and Traditional 401K plans. Additionally, we offer unlimited PTO, and various free wellness tools, including a healthcare coordination service.
Boss Fight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other (protected) characteristics.