Boss Fight Entertainment is a cutting-edge game development studio, with offices in Dallas and Austin. We are seeking a Gameplay Engineer to join our ranks of veteran game developers as we take on an exciting new challenge to bring AAA console experiences to mobile, as well as developing new IPs.
*Relocation assistance available
The Gameplay Engineer will wear many hats and tackle a wide range of assignments such as UI implementation, pipeline and tools development, back end infrastructure, artificial intelligence, special effects, 3rd party tech integrations, and many more, all while working with a multi-disciplinary team of talented designers, artists and engineers in a cool office environment.
- Write robust, maintainable code for a range of client devices and a live production environment
- Identify and communicate technical requirements and risks for new features and systems
- Translate requests from design into tasks. Estimate, track and manage those tasks
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines to shepherd features from initial concept to completion
- Utilize a variety of programming languages, platforms, frameworks and APIs to achieve results
- Implement features in existing gameplay systems while also expanding the feature sets in those systems
- Implement the User Interface that ties the player to the behaviors in the game
- Work with performance, robustness and reuse of code as software goals
Required Skills and Abilities
- Infectious can-do attitude and ability to inspire others by your example
- Solves problems across multiple programming languages and platforms with a demonstrated track record of consistent results
- Thrives when working directly with other disciplines and stakeholders such as designers and artists to develop a feature or system
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed but maintain clear communication with management at all times
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- game industry and mobile development experience in a related role
- Prior experience on products with a live support component is a plus
- Experience with Unity3D, UI development, Amazon Web Services, NoSql databases such as Couchbase, or large user base products are a plus
The salary range for this position is based on our industry, the role, and region of our headquarters located in Allen, Texas. Other factors considered when determining salary include, your local market, industry or years of experience, and education.
We are proud to offer a robust benefit package with all full-time positions. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, healthcare and dependent flexible spending accounts, employer paid life and AD&D insurance with buy up options, employer paid short and long-term disability coverage, and Roth, and Traditional 401K plans. Additionally, we offer unlimited PTO, and various free wellness tools, including a healthcare coordination service.
Boss Fight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other (protected) characteristics.