The Game Designer will help develop high quality content and features for our games, primarily but not exclusively, for the mobile platform. You will partner with Senior Designers and development teams - from concept through delivery.
- Assist in designing gameplay systems that support the vision and pillars of the game
- Tune and balance gameplay systems based on internal and external playtesting and real-world data
- Gather data on competitive games and understand what makes them a success or failure
- Collaborate with the team to brainstorm new ideas and help drive projects
- Be a proactive member of the Design team, brainstorming and developing designs, and providing feedback to other designers
- Work with all disciplines to ensure that the game features meet specifications and Boss Fight’s high- quality bar
- Work with the Design and Development teams to create new content and features that drive player engagement
- Collaborate with Senior Designer to write descriptive documents that effectively communicate game systems and features to the team
- Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions
- Maintain communication with peers across all departments
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and organization skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capable of working independently and in team environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage multiple, competing tasks and be self-directed in a quickly evolving environment
- Capable of creative, imaginative, original, and abstract thought and ideas
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an associate degree or comparable work experience
- 2 years of experience as a Game Designer
- Strong understanding of game design concepts and principles
- Experience with a live game
- Understanding of the F2P space, particularly that of mobile midcore RPG and strategy titles
- Understanding of techniques used to analyze other games on the market
- Experience writing game feature and system specifications
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time. You will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
No travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. When in office, the ability to move about within the office space is required, with or without aid, for necessity, meetings, and emergency situations. When working remote or in the office, the employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers, and arms for typing on computer, use of mobile devices, reaching, and grasping. Employee is required to have specific vision abilities, close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.