The Creative Director will imagine, develop, implement, and drive understanding of the project’s design. The role requires tight collaboration with studio management, publishing partners, and project leads while ensuring that project requirements are met, and a great player experience is kept at the forefront.
- Craft the game’s design vision and rally the development team and external partners around the vision
- Collaborate with project leads and directors to balance priorities and set clear objectives for development
- Provide leadership and guidance to design team members to help them reach their optimum performance levels
- Manage performance within the team in a way that encourages innovation and creativity, while establishing and codifying best practice and process
- Work with all disciplines to ensure that game features and systems meet specifications and Boss Fight’s high-quality bar
- Continuously drive understanding, alignment, and excitement for design features within the team and with external partners
- Continuously provide feedback to all stakeholders and team members in a constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to process and project
- Serve as a player advocate on the team, drawing from experience, research, playtest data and feedback to forge an outstanding player experience
- Be accountable for the project quality targets as well as the results achieved
- Own the design of the next generation of major features for Boss Fight products
Required Skills and abilities:
- Experience working on F2P games and with Product Management/Analytics to design systems and features that respond to real-world user data and player behaviors
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative, quickly evolving team environment
- Proven ability to develop and manage a team
- Ability to conceptualize, prototype, iterate and balance features
- Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with others
- Self-motivated, efficient, and able to solve complex problems
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years directing projects and teams at the creative leadership level
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in game design
- At least one full design cycle, from inception through live ops, on a high profile F2P title in the role of either Design Director or Creative Director or equivalent
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during the time period. You will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is required that the Design Director have reliable transportation to get to/from work, as well as for various work-related tasks/assignments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.