Business Intelligence Director
Business Intelligence Director
The BI Director will lead our analytics organization in a data-driven environment to deliver value for all our products. You will drive the implementation, organization, and adoption of our BI tools and empower business verticals and leadership teams with better data and tools. You will foster a team culture of collaboration, inclusivity, and empowerment. You will strive to develop processes and solutions that help to support a sustainable work life for your team.
- Lead our analytics organization in a data-driven and results-oriented environment and ensure they deliver top-notch outputs and value
- Own and lead multiple projects simultaneously in alignment with business objectives
- Execute the analytics' roadmap and long-term strategy to support the company's goals, and drive constant growth Ensure the teams deliver top-notch outputs to support the products' growth
- Supervise, and train, your team in a way that encourages autonomy, and purpose, and inclusivity
- Manage the recruiting, screening, and hiring of all Analysts
- Coach, mentor, and motivate team members to their optimum performance levels, and ensure the team receives regular reviews and one-on-one meetings.
- Constantly develop and look for new technologies, tools and methods to leverage the analytics performance and capabilities
- Guide the analytics methodologies for A/B testing, measurement and KPI establishment
- Establish, analyze, implement, execute, and validate complex statistical models and other initiatives to support and improve decision-making
- Manage data-driven meetings on a daily, weekly and monthly basis with various stakeholders including senior management
- Constantly assess the products' KPIs and find opportunities for improvements and optimizations
- Develop successful relationships across the studio and with external partners
- Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interaction
- Lead by example, creating a strong sense of purpose and community, promoting a culture of excellence and inclusivity, encouraging a sustainable work/life balance
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of building, managing, and growing a team
- Strong sense of problem-solving, conflict management, leadership, strategic and critical thinking, responsibility, and professionalism
- Outstanding business acumen with exceptional numerical and analytical skills
- Able to manage multiple, and competing tasks and be self-directed in a quickly evolving environment and meet deadlines with no direction
- Excellent attention to detail and strong desire to iterate and improve on processes
- Ability to coach, manage, mitigate, and prioritize through stressful situations for you and your team
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Able to interact with and develop clear executive level presentations
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and BI tools, Tableau, SQL
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of experience working in a similar role in gaming or a live product environment
- 7+ years of practical analytic experience with bigdata
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Live free-to-play game experience on at least 1 top mobile title
- Deep understanding of statistical significance, models and tools
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm CST, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time. You will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
Some travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. When in office, the ability to move about within the office space is required, with or without aid, for necessity, meetings, and emergency situations. When working remote or in the office, the employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers, and arms for typing on computer, use of mobile devices, reaching, and grasping.
Employee is required to have specific vision abilities, close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work characteristics are representative of the demands you will encounter. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to stressful situations and demanding workloads.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.