As a member of the Boss Fight animation team, you will breathe life into some of the mobile industry’s most lovable heroes, villains and, you guessed it, BOSSES!
Our continued mission is to bring simple, beautiful, and fun game experiences to players wherever they want to play. As an Animator you will bring a balance of both technical and creative skills to support the team’s goals of creating amazing animations, art, and gameplay. You will capture the nuance of a character’s performance while establishing and maintaining an efficient pipeline.
The animator will translate game concepts into fully realized games, rapidly generate conceptual ideas, and create 2d and 3d assets, effects and animations.
- Animate humanoid and non-humanoid characters and creatures, props, vehicles and other non-Character assets, both realistic and cartoony
- Work closely with Modelers to determine model suitability for rigging
- Troubleshoot and iterate on rigs during production in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain high quality skeletal and facial rigs for a variety of characters and creatures, both realistic and cartoony
- Develop and maintain high quality rigs for props, vehicles, and other non-character assets
- Create high-quality character animations of main characters and NPCs for mobile games
- Work directly with the Lead Animator and the Art Lead to define direction, methods and approaches as well as collaborating with Technical Artists to define and improve our animation pipelines
- Attend reviews with IP owners and incorporate all feedback into character animations
Skills and abilities:
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- Outstanding 2D and 3D animation skills
- skill in one or more of the related character creation tasks -- illustration, modeling, texturing, or rigging
- The ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
Education and Experience
- Experience using Maya
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward/inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation