UX Designer - Allen
Boss Fight is seeking a talented UI/UX Designer to join our team in Allen!!
The UI/UX Designer will set a high bar for design, usability and visual aesthetic in User experience for all projects. In each area you work on, you will be responsible for developing highly usable game experience and information design. Developing and implementing layouts will also be key to this role. You will also create purely visual elements, skinning existing layouts and icon creation.
- Design holistic experiences with functional interactions and visuals
- Collaborate with the team to brainstorm new ideas and drive projects from initial design to final production
- Ability to go beyond the data to develop core insights about user behavior and understanding
- Skills to transform these insights into actionable product and design outcomes
- Communicate abstract concepts clearly and confidently across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Be an advocate for great design practice and adopting new technology, champion customer-centric solutions
Required Skills and abilities:
- Proficiency with modern design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Proficiency in generating interactive prototypes using whatever tool works to get the point across
- A proven track record of applying user research and testing methodologies, with the ability to interpret results into actionable analysis
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative, quickly evolving team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- At least 2 years of experience working in the gaming industry
- You've shipped successful UX solutions to complex problems
- Experience with Technical writing and communications design
- Ability to implement UI/UX Designs
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during the time period. You will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is required that the UI/UX Designer have reliable transportation to get to/from work, as well as for various
work related tasks/assignments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.