Software Architect - Allen
Boss Fight Entertainment seeks a Software Architect to join and help lead our veteran game development team. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of shipping successful games in a senior or lead role and is experienced with mobile game development. The candidate will architect, implement, and help guide other engineers in the development of major systems across multiple projects including back end infrastructure, rendering pipeline, artificial intelligence, user interface, and more.
- Help lead the development of our next game engine interfacing with company stakeholders and project leads throughout the project duration.
- Play a substantial role in day-to-day coding.
- Architect practical, robust solutions to complicated mobile game development problems and implement them in a fast-paced, fun environment.
- Mentoring and leading a team of varying experience levels.
- Define game and system architecture, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas while balancing it with business initiatives.
- Proactively identify technical risks and provide solutions to ensure success of new features and systems.
- Utilize a variety of programming languages, platforms, frameworks and APIs.
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of game development experience with at least 2-3+ of that in a leadership role.
- Great can-do attitude and you lead by example.
- Experience shipping multiple successful game products into the marketplace.
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to jump on a system and identify its flaws and their solution quickly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software best-practices.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Write clean, testable, and well documented code.
- Real-Time Strategy game development experience is a plus.
- Unity3D development experience is a plus.
- Avid gamer.
- Experience with development for the iOS and Android platforms.