Senior Software Engineer - McKinney
Boss Fight Entertainment seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join our veteran game development team. The candidate will architect, implement, and help guide other engineers in the development of major systems including back end infrastructure, rendering pipeline, artificial intelligence, user interface, and more.
- Engineer practical, robust solutions to complicated mobile game development problems and implement them in a fast-paced, fun environment.
- Proactively identify technical risks and provide solutions to ensure success of new features and systems.
- Collaborate across disciplines to shepherd features from initial concept to completion.
- Support the product post-launch, while developing additional features that will be added in a live user environment.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Utilize a variety of programming languages, platforms, frameworks and APIs.
- Implement various client-side features, such as:
- Font systems
- Localization systems
- Audio support
- Shaders/Graphic Rendering Performance
- Load times/asset management
- Network communication/File Transfer layer
- Strong, proven programming skills.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- Great can-do attitude and you lead by example.
- Experience shipping multiple successful game products into the marketplace.
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 4-6+ years’ experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Real-Time Strategy game development experience is a plus.
- Unity3D development experience is a plus.
- Avid gamer.
- iOS or Android mobile development experience.
- Experience supporting a live service.