Senior Graphics Programmer - Allen
The Senior Graphics Programmer will support the production team and work with the tools team to support the R&D effort in different fields while providing strong experience and practical rendering to projects.
- Help adapt and improve the Graphical aspects of titles in production, collaborate across projects to ensure studio-wide success in graphics
- Improve and optimize existing engine and low-level systems for the target platforms
- Develop and maintain support for all platforms
- Promote and uphold a high-level of code quality
- Work closely with the game teams to provide engine-level optimization and support
- Architect and implement key systems in the graphics pipeline
- Mentor other engineers
- Participate in code reviews, whiteboard discussions, and standups, a daily basis
- Collaborate with other engineers in an iterative, agile development environment with a focus on shipping code and achieving practical results
- Contribute to design discussions
- Work with art director to establish unique visual style. Write the tech to make it happen.
- Understand the graphics performance characteristics of our target hardware.
- Implement and maintain graphics systems and graphics features.
- Identify weaknesses in engineering workflows and collaborate with tools engineers to improve those workflows.
- Collaborate with artists in establishing and shepherding the artistic vision.
- Evaluate and improve rendering feature performance.
- Create and maintain tools to help content creators optimize assets.
Required Skills and abilities:
- 10 years of experience in video game development industry
- Knowledge of programming and shading languages such as C, C++, HLSL, GLSL
- Strong experience of at least one professional rendering system used in a AAA title on console or mobile device
- Experience in collaborating in the full cycle development of a game engine
- Experience in the design, development and maintenance of tools in the production pipeline
- Solid experience as a graphic rendering programmer on multiple platforms and APIs
- Strong grasp of how to prepare and organize data to guarantee performance at runtime
- Knows how to use modern rendering hardware, software, and techniques to get the best result
- Highly developed skills in 3 or more fields of programming
Preferred/Required Education and Experience
- Able to develop and collaborate on code
- Data oriented thinking on systems and problem solving
- Continuous improvement mindset for software, patterns, techniques, etc
- 2 years in a large software company