Senior Game Designer Austin
The Senior Game Designer will work with directors to help define the creative vision and establish reliable methodology and good practices for your team. Tune and balance gameplay systems based on internal and external playtesting and real-world data. Ideal candidate will have a passion for playing great games!!
- Design gameplay systems that support the vision and pillars of the game
- Design and balance gameplay mechanics, tune characters’ control, and oversee level design.
- Tune and balance gameplay systems based on internal and external playtesting and real-world data
- Research current games and understand what makes them successful (or not) in the market
- Collaborate with the team to brainstorm new ideas and drive projects from initial design to final production
- Be a proactive member of the Design team, brainstorming and developing designs, and providing feedback to other designers
- Work with all disciplines to ensure that the game features meet specifications and Boss Fight’s high-quality bar
- Work with the Design and Development teams to create new content and features that drive player engagement
- Write descriptive documents that effectively communicate game systems and features to the team
- Maintain communication with peers across all departments
Required Skills and abilities:
- Strong understanding of game design concepts and principles
- Strong understanding of game-based economies, game balance and meta infrastructures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative, quickly evolving team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
- Capable of abstract thought and a passion for making great games!
Education and Experience
- 5 years of game design experience. 2 of those in a Sr Designer capacity. Bonus Points for any experience in a Lead capacity!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an Associate degree with comparable work experience
- 3-5 years of experience designing free to play mobile strategy or RPG games
- At least one shipped mobile free to play mid-core game
- At least one previous title where you were directly responsible for balancing content/systems
- Experience writing game feature and system specifications