The state of Texas continues to make the top of the charts for best places to make a living in the US, and it’s no surprise considering the financial advantage of having a lower cost of living and the lack of state income tax on wages.
McKinney specifically has been voted as the #1 best place to live in America by Money magazine due to its small town friendliness, booming economy, affordable housing market, and proximity to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex (located just 30 miles south).
McKinney offers a lot of small town charm with city-level amenities. Take a walk through historic downtown and peruse the local boutique shops, or take in an afternoon drink on the patio of Tupps Brewery (conveniently located next to the office).
If the city is more your speed, Dallas is just a short drive south and offers world class entertainment for just about anyone. With four national league sports teams including the Dallas Stars (NHL) , Dallas Mavericks (NBA), Dallas Cowboys (NFL), and Texas Rangers (MLB), sports fans can always be sure to find a game to watch year round.
Dallas is also home to excellent food and nightlife in some of the most unique neighborhoods including Deep Ellum, Bishop Arts, Lower Greenville, Oak Lawn, West End, downtown, and more.
And of course, Dallas is a major arts showcase, with multiple concert venues and museums to explore along with plenty of family-friendly activities such as the zoo, aquarium, and amusement parks.
Boss Fight offers a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), flexible hours, and much more.
Boss Fight is growing! If you’re passionate about making great games and want to be part of something special, we’d love to hear from you.
Boss Fight is looking for a seasoned mobile Producer to join our studio. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, an experienced team leader, a skilled communicator, and a proven project manager.
- Daily management of the game development team to meet schedule and budgeting objectives
- Oversee the production of features, content, and related tasks including roadmap, resourcing, and prioritization
- Work closely with Design to create a vision and roadmap of content and features
- Work closely with Analytics to determine user trends and behavior, and incorporate findings into the game roadmap
- Monitor change requests and determine when significant changes to task scope have occurred
- Prioritize tasks and bugs daily, based on what is best for the project and studio
- 5 years of experience as a Producer
- 3+ years of Production Management experience in a Sr. role
- Have shipped multiple titles in a production role
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with Excel, project management software, data analysis tools
- Experience working with outsource vendors
- A consensus builder, able to lead efforts across multiple disciplines
- Ability to maintain project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and adapt easily to change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of traditional and free-to-play game design concepts
- Takes initiative to solve problems
- Genuinely enjoys working with others
- Thrives in a collaborative work culture
- Experience in managing games in post-launch live environment
- Avid mobile game player, familiar with market trends and leaders
- Intimate familiarity with RTS or Strategy style games
Boss Fight Entertainment is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join our veteran team. The Sr. PM is responsible for establishing business goals and managing a product to ensure it meets the goals. Ideal candidates will have proven experience using data to identifying ways to optimize products, and a history of conceiving new features that engage players, drive growth and customer satisfaction.
- Work with stakeholders to define and drive high level product goals and KPIs
- Lead multiple product/feature initiatives through full lifecycle from concept to results
- Contribute to the strategy and business model for a product line and prioritize the roadmap
- Lead a cross functional team to identify areas of improvement and optimize product features
- Lead the KPI reporting process ensuring that stakeholders and executives always have up to date information on status and trends
- 5+ years of experience in a PM role with a successful track record of driving monetization, engagement and player satisfaction in the free-to-play market
- Proven ability to collaborate and creatively problem solve across multi-function teams
- Highly organized with the ability to quickly identify and prioritize opportunities for optimal ROI
- Strong analytical skills with experience using data to inform decision making
- A passion for gaming with knowledge of the industry and trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or equivalent experience / credentials
- Proven experience operating and growing a top grossing free-to-play title
- Prior experience in a startup company
- Proficient with common data tools (SQL, Tableau, Redshift, Etc.)
- Prior experience in other game development functions
- Experience managing or mentoring other PMs.
Boss Fight Entertainment seeks a Concept Artist to join our industry leading team. Candidates need a strong demonstrated background in illustration. Concept Artist will work with the Art Director(s) to concept highly creative and visually compelling characters, environments and marketing support. Experience in Motion Graphics, Flash/UI Game implementation, and general 3D knowledge are also welcome. Passion for games is a must.
- Illustrate a wide range of highly creative character and environment concepts for in-game use
- Assemble reference materials to support the concept designs
- Assist Art Director in maintaining visual style for characters and environments
- Produce art ranging from rough thumbnails to clean line work to print quality images
- Collaborate with other departments to concept strong in-game assets
- Solid background in traditional arts, sketching and/or illustration
- Environment concept capabilities as well as character designs
- Strong illustration skills with an ability to work in multiple styles
- Proficient in Adobe Suite
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative, quickly evolving team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
- Work within or establish different types of style, including styles set by other artists or art directors
- Have expertise in illustrating characters, props, vehicles, and environmental pieces in different settings
- Provide initial ideas rapidly with rough illustrations and thumbnails, quickly moving through the ideation process
- Strong grasp of color theory, line, light and shadow and how these influence mood and focal points
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Ability to balance technical function, aesthetics, and creativity
- Ability to develop within game design constraints and turn those restraints into exciting visuals that improve the experience
- Strong understanding of content creation from start to finish. Creating concept images, spec sheets and call outs for content artists, level artists, and animators to build from
- Ability to create clean orthographic drawings to be used a modeling guide for in-game asset creation when needed
- Ability to hit tight schedules as required
Desired but not required:
- 1-2 years’ experience with Unity
- Experience creating UI/UX animation and FX
- Proficiency in AfterEffects or toolsets that reinforce pre-vis
- BA in Graphic Design
- 2 years or more of game development experience with one or more shipped titles
- 3D modeling and/or animation skills
- Experience as a vector artist in graphic design or user interface design
- Dedicated gamer
- Character and Environment designs demonstrating an ability to infuse personality and emotion into designs
- Demonstrate a variety of character types
- Clean isometric drawings to be used as modeling guides for creation of production assets
- Completed polished illustrations demonstrating an ability to render subject matter in an environment
Boss Fight Entertainment seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join our veteran game development team. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of shipping successful games in a senior or lead role and is experienced with mobile game development. The candidate will architect, implement, and help guide other engineers in the development of major systems including back end infrastructure, rendering pipeline, artificial intelligence, user interface, and more.
- Architect practical, robust solutions to complicated mobile game development problems and implement them in a fast-paced, fun environment.
- Proactively identify technical risks and provide solutions to ensure success of new features and systems.
- Collaborate across disciplines to shepherd features from initial concept to completion.
- Support the product post-launch, while developing additional features that will be added in a live user environment.
- Utilize a variety of programming languages, platforms, frameworks and APIs.
- Great can-do attitude and you lead by example.
- Experience shipping multiple successful game products into the marketplace.
- Extensive experience with development for the iOS and Android platforms.
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Real-Time Strategy game development experience is a plus.
- Unity3D development experience is a plus.
Boss Fight is looking for an experienced Community Representative to help us build strong connections with our players and online community. This person will leverage social media to promote Boss Fight’s new and existing titles, acquire new players, and engage heavily with our customer base. The Community Representative is a very important role, representing the player’s voice to the team and being the voice of Boss Fight to our fans.
- Drive and manage game social media channels
- Create a social media plan and coordinate closely with the Live Operations, Customer Service, and Marketing teams
- Plan and execute social events and contests
- Manage our game’s forum
- Recommend community initiatives based on user activity, metrics, and feedback
- Create community reports and escalate issues/feedback accordingly
- Represent the voice of the player within Boss Fight
- Build and foster relationships with key players/influencers
- 2+ years of Community Coordination or Administration experience
- A passion for games and creating fun, engaging and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding communication, facilitation and organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- In-depth understanding of traditional and free to play game design concepts
- Ability to work effectively with a large amount of ambiguity and adapt easily to change
- Photoshop experience is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Creative, strong work ethic, and lively online presence
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Can’t find a position that you think fits you, but are still interested in applying? Fill out the form below! This will allow us to learn who you are and what you might bring to Boss Fight potentially leading to our contacting you immediately or keeping your contact information in case we have any opportunities later that fits your skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in the games industry.