Game Designer Austin
The Game Designer is experienced with the full game development process and will contribute on many fronts - from concept through delivery.
- Assist in designing gameplay systems that support the vision and pillars of the game
- Tune and balance gameplay systems based on internal and external playtesting and real-world data
- Gather data on competitive games and understand what makes them a success or failure
- Collaborate with the team to brainstorm new ideas and help drive projects
- Be a proactive member of the Design team, brainstorming and developing designs, and providing feedback to other designers
- Work with all disciplines to ensure that the game features meet specifications and Boss Fight’s high-quality bar
- Work with the Design and Development teams to create new content and features that drive player engagement
- Collaborate with Senior Designer to write descriptive documents that effectively communicate game systems and features to the team
- Maintain communication with peers across all departments
Required Skills and abilities:
- Understanding of game design concepts and principles
- Experience writing game feature and system specifications
- An understanding of the F2P space, particularly that of mobile midcore RPG and Strategy titles.
- An understanding of techniques used to analyze other games on the market
- Capable of working independently and in team environments.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a Game Designer, bonus points for more!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an associate degree with comparable work experience
- Strong understanding of game design concepts and principles