Development Manager - Allen
Boss Fight Entertainment is seeking a seasoned Development Manager to join our Allen studio!!!
The Development Manager will lead a team of engineers responsible for delivering mobile games on time and on budget, primarily based on iOS and Android platforms. You will work with our engineers to ensure that all aspects of their careers and project responsibilities are clearly defined, have appropriate milestones, and remain on track to deliver the company’s strategic vision for quality mobile games and to achieve the company’s financial targets.
- Lead technical teams to on-time and on-budget fulfillment of world-class mobile games.
- Efficiently allocate resources and ensure teams always have the appropriate direction to remain on track to our customer commitments and deadlines.
- Track and report status of ongoing projects during our weekly program management updates; proactively build, communicate and lead risk mitigation.
- Manage the deployment of software enhancements and fixes per release schedules.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to their optimum performance levels; actively engage in their career development
- Manage performance within the team in a way that encourages innovation and creativity, while establishing and codifying best practice and process
- Establish responsibility and accountability within the team. Create, develop, and support new leaders.
- Act decisively to remove roadblocks and smooth out interdisciplinary issues
- Manage projects through the development lifecycle process
- Facilitate rapid delivery on concepts through prototypes presented for feedback
- Contribute to the production of models, mock-ups, and prototypes to prove concepts and to help support the needs of the company
- Make initiatives to improve internal creative processes, project management, and production.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must love games!
- Consistent track record for delivering commitments on time and with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional technical expertise and leadership skills.
- Strong, proven programming skills and the desire to apply them to difficult challenges
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Extremely comfortable holding both internal and external stakeholders accountable at multiple grade levels.
- Adept at building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and strong work ethic
Education and Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience managing and leading software development teams.
- 2+ years of project management experience, preferably in a service-oriented organization.
- 4+ years of software development experience, preferably iOS and/or Android.
- Experience leading mobile software development teams (iOS, Android, Windows 8/Phone, etc.)
- Experience developing mobile applications, preferably iOS and/or Android.
- Experience with both Agile and traditional software development methodologies.
- Experience in a creative environment with designers and artist