Art Director - Allen
Reporting to the studio art director, the art director will be the key partner in the execution of a new high-fidelity, groundbreaking mobile game. The art director role requires you to be a motivational foundation for the art team. As an artist, you will help define the look of new characters, environments, and architecture. In addition to channeling the visual direction of our senior art director to the art team, the role will act as one of the key communication conduits for design and programming.
- Create visual touchstone assets that inspire and set visual direction for others. (concepts, models, paint-overs)
- A proven ability to visually solve problems in collaboration with the broader game team including other artists, art leads, and design leads.
- Partner with the senior art director to own and define assigned aspects of the project as directed.
- Excellent ability to art direct multiple art disciplines.
- Collaborate with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs both with internal teams and outsource vendors.
- Manage a wide range of personnel issues across multiple disciplines, including career development, recruitment, conflict resolution, and communication breakdown.
- Partner with senior management to ensure team is healthy and strong.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience crafting video game art
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a lead artist or art director
- Concept Art background
- Strong character concept skills
- Takes initiative to solve problems
- Genuinely enjoys working with others
- Thrives in a collaborative work culture
- Passionate about making games
- Experience working with an art director to develop a unique and cohesive visual style
- Works closely with game design to ensure art enhances the player experience
- Able to explore a wide variety of ideas that push style and visual communication
- Extensive knowledge of all areas of the art pipeline – concept, model, UI, rigging, animation, vfx
- Passion for myth/fantasy
- Intimate familiarity with RTS or Strategy style games
- Shipped a game as an art department manager or art lead
- Experience working with outsource vendors
- Unity experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter that includes: why are you interested in working for us, and what games are you currently playing?
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only digital artwork submissions such as website, blog or online album will be accepted