3D Modeler - Austin
Boss Fight is seeking a talented 3D Modeler to join our Austin Studio!!!
The 3D Modeler will work independently and collaborate with other artists to build and enhance 3D art assets and ensure that gameplay comes first when it comes to developing amazing characters. Passion for creating great games is a must!
- Ensure all models/assets created (shape, color, shading) reach required quality level.
- Optimize use of the 3D software and meet constraints based on project
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
- Couple hand painted textures and next-gen materials for use in game engine
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques
- Create models and textures for scene assets
- Trouble-shoot scenes and maintain them within the desired look and function
- Understand the visual style of projects and seek to push it to the next level
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools including PBR pipelines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Self-motivation, superior communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Strong artistic ability to visualize three-dimensional space and the nuance of its detail with minimal concept art and direction
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Character specialization is a plus
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in game development as an artist
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay-oriented goals
- Experience with Max or Maya, Zbrush, Painter, Unity or Unreal and Photoshop
- Have shipped at least one AAA title